Renowned underground artist, Rummy Sharma, is providing another great opportunity for our students. Living in Bordeaux, France, he is involved with musical activities in 3iS, a film, and sound institute, and with releases on Blu Fin, Tronic Music, Neuhain Recordings and Kling Klong, he is now giving you 5 days to remix one of two tracks that will be released on well renowned international imprints!
Check out one of his recent sets below.
- You will have to create a remix with the stems given to you by the record label.
- You will have to research and study the label’s sound and create a suitable track.
Dates: 18th May – 22nd May
- The challenge opens on 18th May at 930AM.
- The students must submit the track to us by 22nd May at 6PM.
- We will shortlist 2 students from the entries for the final jury.
- The winning tracks will be released by the label.
- The time zone observed will be CET.
- Point Blank – International
- Beatworx Studio – Bangalore, India
- ADAPT – New Delhi, India
- 3iS – Bordeaux, France
- 3iS – Paris, France
How does this work?
- There will be a link with all the downloadable files, that will be sent to us by May 17th.
- We will share the link with our students on 18th May at 9:30AM.
- Participants can choose one of the two tracks that they would like to remix.
- Students must submit their project to us by 22nd May 6PM
- A student can remix one track from either label.
- The submission should be with a private Soundcloud link only.
- Their remix should have the following information clearly.
- Name of the Track
- Name of the original Artist
- Name of the Remixer
- Name of the School
- Name of the Label
Here’s a valuable video on how to start a Remix.
All the best!
I’m an Ableton Certified Trainer and the co-founder of Beatworx, one of India’s most acclaimed electronic music schools. I’ve been producing music for over a decade. My tryst with computers began in 1994, when I was three years old, and I’ve been wonder-struck by technology ever since. A high school graduate on paper, I went on to prove that formal education isn’t everything. I’m here to help guide you on the fascinating and ever-evolving journey of making music using computers and hardware.